Thursday, October 12, 2017

TERROR TEE-VEE: A Countdown to Halloween (Day 12)





CHANNEL ZERO:
CANDLE COVE

Based on a synonymous story on the website Creepy Pasta by Kris Straub, this one season show developed and created by Nick Antosca, follows child psychologist Mike Painter as he journeys home and into his past to investigate the mystery surrounding a series of child murders and a strange, half-remembered children's show called  “Candle Cove”.

It’s a perilous journey into the dark nostalgia and even the nightmarish disappearance of his twin brother.  But it is a journey he must make, because the killings have begun again.  The journey twists his memories, manipulates his current reality and threatens his own child.



And it’s weird.



Creepy weird.



But, for me, that was a good thing.  A surprising thing.  And something I was glad to find, especially from the usually bland Syfy Channel programming. It sure was no Sharknado (and thank the stars for that)!



The children’s show within the show was called Candle Cove and involved puppet characters who were pirates. And, out of nowhere, the same show has returned to air…?  

The series is very short—only six episodes, I’m tempted to refer to it as merely a mini-series, but I’m not.  So there.

The only way to follow the series is to start at the beginning, so my reccommendation is to find it out there.  It may be on SyFy, but I have been unable to access it there.  It is on DVD.

“You Have to Go Inside”
Season 1, Episode 1
Here’s a clip:


And another clip:





And now some articles on the show:








1 comment:

Caffeinated Joe said...

I had high hopes for this show, but the first season just bored me. I couldn't engage with the premise or the lead actor.

However, I went back in this season and so far, I am enjoying it.